Faster, fiber Internet is coming!!
Millry Communications is upgrading all services in our service area, replacing its copper wires with new fiber optic cables. There are five (5) steps to getting fiber to each home and business in our service area.
- Mainline buried fiber is constructed along the highways.
- An underground fiber is run from the highway to each subscriber’s home or business.
- A protective enclosure is installed on the outside of the home or business to protect the fiber and electronics.
- A technician, by appointment, installs an Optical Network Terminal (electronics) on the exterior of each home or business. The technician connects the ONT to power inside your home or business. The technician connects the fiber to a company-provided wi-fi router.
- It’s now time to enjoy your fiber Internet and telephone service.
Millry Communications is in the second phase of its $50 million fiber build out to all its customers in Washington and Choctaw counties.
- Construction currently is under way on mainline fiber in Tibbie, Fruitdale 00, and Millry 00 (CLICK HERE TO SEE THE FIBER MAP AS A PDF).
- Drop construction to homes and businesses is in process in Fruitdale 00 and Millry 00.
- The construction contractor has completed drop construction to homes in Tibbie for all subscribers who returned order paperwork. Once the contractor completes drops for existing orders in an area, it will take 9-12 weeks before we can install fiber drops for any new orders.
- Home and business installations are in process for drops completed in Millry 00 and Tibbie.
Customers in the current construction areas must contact us to activate your order for the upgrade, and you will receive a $5 one-time credit on your next statement after we receive your order. So, even if you don’t have or want Internet, please contact us at 888-227-5710 IMMEDIATELY. We need to ensure your phone service continues to work when the change to fiber is made.
For all the other service areas, keep your eyes open for our mailers as construction is scheduled.
The construction phase is temporary and Millry Communications does everything possible to minimize the impact to your property.
Voice, Data and Internet Services
Everything you need to stay connected.
Today we live in a world where information and access are essential. Not just information, but constant information availability. Millry Communications constructs and maintains a network of equipment, copper cable, and fiber cable to allow each of us that call this home to have constant access. By voice over traditional phone lines, by instant internet access to the world – we continue to provide technology that is needed by our community and neighbors.
At your business, on your back porch, or in your living room, Millry Communications continues to serve the residents of Washington and Choctaw counties.
Protecting Your Account Information and Services
Millry Communications is committed to keeping your account information and services safe by complying with the Federal Communications Commission’s (FCC) Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) rules.
This means that we confirm the identity of persons requesting information about, or requesting to make changes to, your service.
When you contact us regarding your account, you will be asked to provide your account password. If you have not yet created an account password, you will be asked to provide the account number from your billing statement, so that an account password can be created. You will also be asked to provide a “Backup Question Answer” in case you forget your account password in the future.
If you are unable to provide your account password or the account number from your billing statement, you must appear at our business office in person with photo ID to receive information or make changes to your account.
If you have not yet set up an account password, please call our business office and do so today. You can reach us toll free at 1-888-227-5710. Be sure to have your billing statement account number handy when you call.
Setting up an account password will help ensure that access to your account is readily available when you need information or wish to make changes to your service.
Check out our FIOP planning map to see when your area will have Fiber (FIOP) service. Dates are a best estimate because of ongoing supply chain issues. The PDF file is large, about 5 MB.
Statement On Spoofing Activity
Millry Telephone subscribers are receiving a rash of calls utilizing ‘neighbor spoofing’. Robocallers use neighbor spoofing, which displays a phone number similar to your own on your caller ID, to increase the likelihood that you will answer the call.
The calls do not originate from Millry Communications subscribers and, as such, we are unable to stop the spoofing activity. Millry Communications follows FCC guidelines to prevent origination of spoofed calls from within its network, but prevention technology does not yet exist to block such activity from reaching Millry subscribers from other telephone service providers.
Most spoofing calls originate from subscribers using Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) service for telephonic communications. Millry does not provide VoIP. Also, numerous call spoofing apps to originate spoofed calls are readily available to cellular service users for iOS (Apple) and Android devices.
Everyday, scammers use the telephone to try and trick people out of money or obtain access to personal information. To help you and your family avoid becoming a victim of unwanted and potentially unlawful robocalls, we encourage all customers to read the FCC’s tips and tools to combat robocalls.